Model Cars Magazine Forum

Decal question

AcesUp

Cheers all,Im blown away by the craftmanship and quality, alot of talented people. Im new to this and its my first question, post.

I picked up the new Viper SRT10 ACR, my 2nd model ever. Im going with a green and black colour, but the racing stripe decal is red, Would I dmg the decal if I painted it black? is it Doable? any idea's? I could hand paint a racing stripe black

Cheers all,Im blown away by the craftmanship and quality, alot of talented people. Im new to this and its my first question, post.

I picked up the new Viper SRT10 ACR, my 2nd model ever. Im going with a green and black colour, but the racing stripe decal is red, Would I dmg the decal if I painted it black? is it Doable? any idea's? I could hand paint a racing stripe black

Is it doable? yes, it's a trick that I call "Decal Reincertion" look in the "On The Work Bench" area for a Custom General Lee Model that was posted by me, look back around the last page in that thread. You'll see what I did to a faded rebel flag decal that I had and how I turn the color issue around on that build.

Is it doable? yes, it's a trick that I call "Decal Reincertion" look in the "On The Work Bench" area for a Custom General Lee Model that was posted by me, look back around the last page in that thread. You'll see what I did to a faded rebel flag decal that I had and how I turn the color issue around on that build.

cOOL tHANKS, iLL CHECK IT OUT

if you just want a straight forward racing stripe i would suggest hand painting it

there are some great masking tapes out there but i think one of the best would be the tamiya brand

(available at most hobby shop)

Definatly, I used the 6mm tamiya tape to masc the car for painting, its great tape. Perhaps painting the tamiya tape could be n option , or painting the actually decal, theres an extra racing stripe justto mess around on. thanks for the advice