Model Cars Magazine Forum

'34 Rolls Royce

vaughn

Using kids(goat)leather,and wonder fabric, I am doing some detailing on my first 1/16th scale. Opening a whole new can of worms. To achieve the detail I wanted of the seats,the bench seat has 15 cut fitted pieces and the front have about 9 each. I used small telephone wire(about 6') for the beading on the seats and door panels. The shinny look is due to a gloss I used on the bead and might be dulled later on. The door panels are wonder cloth and brushed leather as is the floor. Still working on the wood grain for doors and dash. The shocks are also covered in the same leather. Did not intend for the build to resemble the Revel kit but the leather color I had on hand sorta dictated my choice of body color. Leather will be used in the tool box and other areas and the top will be of some sort of other material. Body color is Model Master Phoenician Yel

low with Ultra Gloss Clearcoat. BMF will be used thruout. Motor has been wired. More to come...I think.

rollsandboo023.jpg

rollsandboo025.jpg

rollsandboo042.jpg

rollsandboo059.jpg

rollsandboo099.jpg

rollsandboo127.jpg

rollsandboo114.jpg

rollsandboo120.jpg

rollsandboo107.jpg

rollsandboo108.jpg

Big scale modeling really opens up a whole new world of detailing possibilities... that's why I love building in 1/8 scale. :P You can do things in large scale that are just about impossible in small scale (1/24 or 1/25). Your upholstered seats are a perfect example.