Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/43 Porsche 962C- Front pt.1

simonr

This something I've been working in the past weeks. I will do the front aluminum panel with some parts I will add.

Here you guys can see the stock front.

p4303_det_1_z.jpg

To start I will substitute the lack of detail resin shocks for better detailed Tameo aluminum ones.

DSC05930.jpg

The bases for the brake clipers and rotors also where altered to hold aftermarket sloted 2 part sloted rotors. Look at the right hand the kit's not sloted rotor with the non-altered base.

DSC05937.jpg

Here the parts already installed.

DSC05961.jpg

DSC05966.jpg

DSC05957.jpg

The kit just include small containers for clutch and brake fluids. I had some wiring and plumbing for it and also I sctratchbuilt the cilinders and add the connector nut.

DSC05963.jpg

General view..

DSC05959.jpg

DSC05965.jpg

to be continued...

Thanks guys for all your kind comments. First of all, like my good friend Ismael said, yes, it's tiny 1/43 scale and believe or not, all this "simple" job took me around 2 weeks to complete. I was more amaze than you guys when I saw the pictures, because, I didn't know how much detail will show the close up picrures. Remember this it's not like 1/24, there it is too much to scratchbuilt because of the lack of available parts to detail. I promise to post more pictures tonight with the front aluminum panel, the air ducts, and the front body part.

Stay tuned!

Simon