Model Cars Magazine Forum

when not building models im working on my other truck which ive been working on for a few years now n ya ya ya that 6 somethin year story build up ###### lol well just finished 80% of the truck lil more body work on bed is left n n build a new bed floor then be fully ready for paint anyway bagged n bodydropped 4 inches to the rockers stock floor on 20's everything shaved sport mirrors 2 layers of 5% tint baby blue primer for now first time trucks been one color since day it was bought!first time its actaully came out the shop since november of 08!! B)DSCF1108.jpg

DSCF1111-1.jpg

DSCF1112-1.jpg

Pat, I normally don't like trucks like this (sorry, I think trucks are for working :lol: ), but I must say I think you spiked the "COOL" meter! I'm guessing you have LEDs in back for taillights under the tailgate, right?

As for color, have you thought just pounding out the dent in the passenger fender and leaving it the way it is? That color just seems to fit the truck, and looks great as is! B)

Pat, I normally don't like trucks like this (sorry, I think trucks are for working :o ), but I must say I think you spiked the "COOL" meter! I'm guessing you have LEDs in back for taillights under the tailgate, right?

As for color, have you thought just pounding out the dent in the passenger fender and leaving it the way it is? That color just seems to fit the truck, and looks great as is! :lol:

no taillights yet im not sure wat to run yet lol n the dent well wasnt there b4 i primed it the next day buddy mine came look at it he leaned a lil to hard dented in no biggie not much support left to the fenders do to how much yu have to cut out

i love 88'-98' chevy trucks, i have a 3500 dually thats been slammed, i still gotta drop the rear down another 2" to get it to sit level though. i can post a picture if ya want, these body style trucks do look good bagged.

Jeff

yes most deffly man!88-98 n 72 models to they look even better!lol most deff post them man love to see it

no taillights yet im not sure wat to run yet lol n the dent well wasnt there b4 i primed it the next day buddy mine came look at it he leaned a lil to hard dented in no biggie not much support left to the fenders do to how much yu have to cut out

Well then, I might just have gave you an idea with the LEDs under the tailgate then! :lol: I know I've been wanting to find one I seen on another truck in my area for my big toy that would mount right in the space under your tailgate that works as taillights and brake lights, plus has amber LEDs for turn signals. All you'd be missing is backup lights! :o

that does look pretty sweet ive seen some come in 2 peices but yu have cut part the sheet metal out for them that work perfect tho i might just order one!well if someone cant see a baby blue truck backing up infront them then i dont think they should be driving anyway lol

its my daily driver so mods are almost non existent.

318c9df4.jpg

it sits a little low. lol i have about 4" under the front lip for clearance,just enough for speedbumps and curbs.

jeff

haha i have a 89 single cab as a lil weekend toy n project has a 8/9 drop still makes it over speed bumps fine with no problem sits less 3 inches off ground lol

i wanna bag the rear this upcoming summer, just gotta find bags thatll support tonka, lol

streettrucks magazine just had a 94 3500 crew cab featured al he did in the rear was do a 3 link with re 8 slam bags..i think if yur not gonna be towing n stuff like that its okay use smaller bags..i dont know much bout duallys lol

double 5%, why so dark? Its going to be hell driving at night. your cell phone goes off and you wont be able to see out of the windows from the flash back... :lol: Looks good though. Leave the paint and do something like this. This is 35, cut and then 35 layed over the top. so the darkest spots are a little darker than 20 and the light is just 35. This is my old neon, It looks even better on trucks with a big back window. I have some of a mazda I did if you want to see them. just pm your email.

double 5%, why so dark? Its going to be hell driving at night. your cell phone goes off and you wont be able to see out of the windows from the flash back... B) Looks good though. Leave the paint and do something like this. This is 35, cut and then 35 layed over the top. so the darkest spots are a little darker than 20 and the light is just 35. This is my old neon, It looks even better on trucks with a big back window. I have some of a mazda I did if you want to see them. just pm your email.

all the interior is gutted out n beeing redone peice by peice i know its gonna make it to a show o two b4 i finish it so least if i does yu wont be able see a metal floor n wire harness inside lol n yea man deff email me them pics

i got tons n tons pics but im working on a frame right now bout to start on the rear end so ill be able get u some much better pics here in next week or so instead old rusty ones lol u dont allways have cut bed out u can raise it or build a whole new one but theres notch cover kits n wheel well tubs yu can buy so if yu do cut bed u just weld them in place www.streetsourcemag.com that site has every type car/truck yu can think of go to community go to owner rides profiles u see a lil box with all the different kind trucks n stuff theres tons of duallys like urs

that does look pretty sweet ive seen some come in 2 peices but yu have cut part the sheet metal out for them that work perfect tho i might just order one!well if someone cant see a baby blue truck backing up infront them then i dont think they should be driving anyway lol

I thought you might like them. :lol: