Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cables for 1/12th scale Chopper...

I just finished a couple of Revell Choppers and was wandering what I could use to represent brake and throttle cables in 1/12th scale.Dose any one have an idea for me :?:

I wish this sight had a spell check, I'm wareing out my dictionary . lol

My dictionary dosen't have all the words in it, so I might still have some misspeeling. lol :D

Hello,

I used .032" solder for the brake lines, copper phone line wire for the throttle cable (just a hint smaller diameter), semi rigid electronics RF braided cable for the oil and fuel lines and a small copper wire for the headlight. The wiring harness from the battery to the starter and the frame is a braided cable from an older broken cell phone charger cable.

You can tell I work with electronics :D

DSCF4630b.jpg

FWIW, here are some more pictures

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3224

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Try Detail Master for braided line and fittings, they should have almost anything that you might want to try. I have access to scrap wire of all sizes and color at work, so I'm stocked up and every once in a while some braided cable comes my way.

Bob

Guest zebm1

Look for some of tha old style telephone wire (solid copper). Those old phone cables come with multiple separate wires and each is individually insulated in different colored plastic insulation. I have around 75 Lf....oughta last me past my grandkids lifetimes...soons as mah dawters start having kids o' their own......did I git tha their correct Andy?

:twisted: Zeb

BTW....ifn yu own yur own home...and yur home waz built in tha 50s, 60s and yu still have that old telephone wire on tha outside of yur house(disconnected) yank it down ,,,,tha separate wires shuld still be in great shape.

Check out the craft section of WalMart or any of the craft stores for beading wire. It comes in different gauges and colors, bends and cuts easily and is pretty inexpensive. I also bought some small gauge wire at Radio Shack that works well for oil lines etc. Good luck!