Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT iroc z

zjustin28

So, got this 89 iroc z on ebay. Got it and it was painted, stripped it down,and started to make some patches to fill in the t-tops (making a strip car out of it, t-tops dont belong on the strip).

SO anyways, this guys listing said it had all pieces, however, is missing a good bit of engine parts (getting a custom one anyways from gibson), and is missing the t-top glass (would of made my patching job much easier), and also the rear windshield (kinda the big problem).

SO, i guess, 1; where could i possibly find spare parts? Doesn't seem like this kit is to popular (AMT # 6272). Would a rear window from say a firebird model kit from amt work? (i know 1:1 it would, but ya never know...)

2; if anyone has a junk one of these, or a line on one, info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I would just take a guess, just like you said about the 1:1s, and say that parts from a Trans Am/Firebird would work. I know from long ago, the engine in the K.I.T.T. model from AMT had the Crossram Fuel Injected small block corporate GM engine, which should probably be the one for that Z-28 kit, too.

Yes, all the glass and chassis/engine parts from the MPC/AMT annual f-body cars are common, even the KITT parts are the same. I need a couple sets of t-top glass from one of those myself.

I can't say about the '84[?] AMT [Ertl] Z-28 that was issued a couple years ago though. [red car on box] They were seprate companys when that kit was made so it's a completely different mold. and I don't have one to compare it to the MPC kits.

Awesome!

Im actually just smoothing the styrene i put in place of the t-tops. Just need to get some putty to get the lines away, but filling in t-tops is a success so far!

Got a junkyard camaro on ebay. Seller said unsure of scale, but looks similar in pics. Has the rear window, and a few other parts i need!

Just finished the patches for the t-tops.

5156137059_2e410263be.jpg

Here is what i started off with:

hf7707b.jpg

Decided instead of building this to prostock, just gonna build a nice street rod with it. Get he LAPD drag camaro to do that with later.

It will be getting a blown engine, undecided yet, but somethign form gibson. Will probably do custom exhaust (just a simple muffler dump after the headers).

Got a junkyard camaro on ebay. Seller said unsure of scale, but looks similar in pics. Has the rear window, and a few other parts i need!

Just finished the patches for the t-tops.

5156137059_2e410263be.jpg

Here is what i started off with:

hf7707b.jpg

Decided instead of building this to prostock, just gonna build a nice street rod with it. Get he LAPD drag camaro to do that with later.

It will be getting a blown engine, undecided yet, but somethign form gibson. Will probably do custom exhaust (just a simple muffler dump after the headers).