Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Subaru impreza

cazxr2

Got this is my recent deal. I love Scoobys, and this looks like a real good kit. I have also from the same deal. Got myself a compressor and spray gun, so this is going to be my first spray with that. Here's where im at

8174582c.jpg

0f54d96d.jpg

This is the colour im using

34884077.jpg

And here's the colour on the car. The wheels, spoiler and scoop will be black. Interior will be black with some red embossing. Any comments welcome. Has anybody built this?

992266b1.jpg

it looks suprisingly good in that green :D i like the black wheels too.

not sure about the red interior accents though, maybe a bit of the green here and there?

cheers the green looks better in out doors. The spoiler is from a wrc scooby. I was thiking bout going black with some green inside instead of red. Cheers :)

Love the black and White scooby. If mine turns out half as nice as that I will be happy like.

Here's where I'm up to final coat of green (I think) just needs clear on it. Also got the spoiler and scoop painted and the seats are now coated in embossing powder?

d57037b6.jpg

1e0c67eb.jpg

0aedcf16.jpg

What do u guys think? Al probably flock the carpet and paint the back seats just black??

Cheers Craig B)

I have done a fair bit on this in the last few days. Not many pics at the moment. I've got the brakes and wheels attached to the chassis. And I have re done the interior after what I can only say as an "embossing nightmare" as I used black embossing powder on the carpet area but for some reason it got on the back seats. So after what seemed a lifetime of trying to remove it. The rear seats are now painted a kind of grey leather look to them. They don't look too bad. We all learn somhow lol. I have also glued on the spoiler and scoop which are black. And I have also painted the front spot light covers black as wellmas the mirrors.

22920722.jpg

U may notice the paint seems a little lime flip (colour change) kind of looks almost gold the. Yellow then green. This was not meant as I think while using a spray gun for the first time I don't think I put enough paint on the model. Not too worry as this means I may get to use a FUNKY decal or 2. Anyway more pics coming soon. Any comments as usuall are very welcome. Craig B)

As you may have noticed there is 3 scooby wrxs on the workbench at the moment. So I thought I needed to up my game as the other 2 wrxs are quite nice. So I raided my decal box and found some nice stripes from a tommy manakin evo.

25be48ef.jpg

And also put on the mirrors (still need glass in em) and have put on the fog light covers.

bd0464e7.jpg

And I've had a second thought fir the wheels they are now black with a chrome lip (which took me ages on each one)

2a1fe4d1.jpg

I will get some more done tomorrow thanks

Ps also finished the interior

78e201fe.jpg

As u can see i made a bit of a mess of the seats and carpet but I think I repaired it not too bad.

Edited by cazxr2