Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Clear Problem

Hi All,

Frequent lurker with a problem with Tamiya Clear that I want to avoid in the future: I sprayed an AMT Challenger body two weeks ago with Tamiya Mica Blue. Beautiful color. Over the long weekend I shot it with Tamiya clear. Well, today (about 3 days later) I noticed that a few places the blue had lifted and run, exposing the white primer underneath. It was sprayed outside and left to dry in a warmish garage. Two or three mist coats and a wet coat. Has anyone experienced this or know how to avoid it? Thanks guys.

-Dean

Hey, thanks for the replies! Well, since I shot the clear at the two week mark, looks like I broke the one hour or one month rule! I'd bet that's the culprit and the result was pretty dramatic. Imagine dripping thinner on the blue in spots and that's pretty much what I've got. I've never scuffed the primer either, so I guess that could have been a contributing factor. I've always been impressed by the knowledge on these forums. Thanks again.

Edited by D Fowler