Model Cars Magazine Forum

55/56 Chevy 4 door wagon

All R&R 55-57 Chevy Wagons are incorrect with exception of the 56 210 Handyman. However, the chrome trim on both sides is not identical. As far as I know Shawn Carpenters' 1955 Beauville (Bel Air 4 DR) is the only accurate 55-57 station wagon in resin. A nice 55' 150 Handyman body was available some years ago from Perry resin. but for some unknown reason never appeared on their web site. These are the only acceptable three 55-57 SW available on the market. The nice thing about the 1955 chevy is that a 150 can be obtained out of any Bel Air/210 model provided they share the same sheet metal. For example, there has never been sport wagon or a hard top in the lower 210/150 levels to convert to a Bel air/Nomad to. You may hence convert the R&R 55' SW to a 150, other than that stay away from R&R.

This issue was discussed in may forums like this one:

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/forums/p/50837/556669.aspx

Edited by khier

Thanks for the answer. I was already going to stay away from the R&R bodies. I did take a look at the Beauville wagon and for what I need it is perfect. A fairly

mainstream, pedestrian wagon.

Fred

All R&R 55-57 Chevy Wagons are incorrect with exception of the 56 210 Handyman. However, the chrome trim on both sides is not identical. As far as I know Shawn Carpenters' 1955 Beauville (Bel Air 4 DR) is the only accurate 55-57 station wagon in resin. A nice 55' 150 Handyman body was available some years ago from Perry resin. but for some unknown reason never appeared on their web site. These are the only acceptable three 55-57 SW available on the market. The nice thing about the 1955 chevy is that a 150 can be obtained out of any Bel Air/210 model provided they share the same sheet metal. For example, there has never been sport wagon or a hard top in the lower 210/150 levels to convert to a Bel air/Nomad to. You may hence convert the R&R 55' SW to a 150, other than that stay away from R&R.

This issue was discussed in may forums like this one:

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/forums/p/50837/556669.aspx

• 1 month later...