Model Cars Magazine Forum

Spit-Shinin' Your Paint Jobs

Doctor Cranky's been busy in the Lab-RAT-Ory . . . and if you follow along and take your time all your paint jobs will be shiny and beautiful, or gosh-darn near bliding!

Hog's breath and spit goes a long ways, but it's best to stick with these products . . . enjoy . . .

Where are you guys getting the Dupont. I did a search on with the name and the number on the can in the video. Found a bunch of people stating they are using it and the directions to do so but cannot find a website actually selling it.

I think Dr. Cranky said in one of the videos that he got it through Amazon. I looked there but didn't find it.

I ordered mine through PaintWorld. Never done business with them, but they were recommended in a couple of other forums I found doing a Google search. I guess I'll wait and see.

http://www.paintworldinc.com/itemdetail.aspx?sku=DUP.A-7480S

The quick answer is EXPERIMENT on a plastic spoon with the colors you are using and then spray the Clear Effex. I've never tried it, so test it first. And please report back.

Dr.

Can the DuPont A7480S be applied over decals?

thanks,

joe.

Yes, Joe, I have done it and it's great, but you have to go very slow, starting out with a couple of misted coats, allow them to dry and then apply heavier coats. I try to put at least 3-4 coats of clear over my decals in particular if I am going to sand and buff for the highest shine possible.