Model Cars Magazine Forum

Building a blown hemi?

Has anyone done this before? I'm not exactly sure which would be the best way of fitting the blower on top as the block is longer than the blower. I am thinking of placing it about central front to rear in the valley and then using some rod to extend the snout- is this the best way of going about it?

I have tried googling blown 426 motors to see how they are configured and from what I've seen what I have described above looks about right.

Any advice? It's my first foray into after market parts and I don't want it to look like a randow train wreck of bits and pieces!

Thanks in advance gentlemen.

my advise is go for broke, why supercharge a 426 hemi when you can twin turbocharge a supercharged DOHC 426 hemi ?

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTktMjAxMDA2MjUtMjEzM.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTgtMjAxMDA2MjUtMjEzM.jpg

in all seriousness though

it almost sounds to me like you are adding a 1/25 blower to a 1/24 block

if these are the parts you want to use i think you are going about it the same way i would do but i would double check the scales

a 1/24 engine will look fine in a 1/25 chassis and vice versa but you might find that the blower will fit much better on a matching block

if you are going to extend the shaft just make it slightly conical , somehow thats the way i envision it B)

Thanks for the reply- both the block and blower are listed as 1/25 scale... I think I will simply do a comprehensive test fit to get everything as happy as I can. I just went and had another play with it then and I think it isn't as bad as I remembered it prior to taking some time away from home.

If anyone has got pics of how they have done it I'd be appreciative.

Opened my mouth without totally looking first. An already supercharged, DOHC HEMI, with twin turbos??? Torque would not only be INSTANT, but UNIMAGINABLE. AS for the turbos, the top end run would probably wind up like a space shuttle that fell over on the launchpad, and forget about trying to steer it. However , I'd like to see the chassis this monstrosity would reside in.

To: DIYMIRAGE- Dude that would be one scary ride. A twin turbo HEMI..Got nuthin else to say

i chopped up the Kmember from a 70 superbee prostreet to take this engine (which is also where i found the DOHC hemi)

not sure what body i will put on it though

the supercharger came from the partsbox and the turbos were curtesy of one of our fellow members here Mike DeLuco (shucky)

he casts them himself