Model Cars Magazine Forum

Good airbrush setup

Just a heads up regarding the Paasche H airbrush. I was an exclusive Badger user until I bought Donn Yosts DVD's. I bought an H series airbrush,but when I got it found out I couldn't use the typical cover assemblies I had been using with my Badger's. The combination of the cover assemblies siphon tube angle, and the hole it sets into on the airbrush make the bottle sit at an awful angle. Point the airbrush downwards at any angle and the bottle is literally upside down. Make sure you purchase the cover assemblies made for the H series. Great airbrush though I haven't touched my badgers in a few weeks. Had I known about the Paasche earlier I'd have saved myself a few hundred dollars!

Well, excuse me Don. I used a google image search which lets you see the pic and copy it's location without even seeing the website .

No problem. You're welcome to use anything on my site. I'd just like people to know where it came from. When you left click on an image in Google, the upper right corner of the next screen has the words "Website for this image" and the source URL.

Don

One word: IWATA.

Actually, a few words . . . IWATA ECLIPSE, it runs about 127 dollars and it will indeed last you a lifetime. It will allow you to shoot lacquer, enamel, urethanes, acrylics . . . anything . . . Hairspray! :lol:

+ 2 i dont have the eclipse i have the revolution but like cranky said its oevr the top, i purchased a bottpm feed single action airbrush for 7 dollars new in a flea market, and im gonna buy another at ebay everyone with a different purpose, take care

I have a 10-year-old Aztec double-action. It has survived a fire, being stepped on several times, etc., and still works like new.

I too have a few old Aztec double-action airbrushes and I still prefer to use my Aztec over my Thayer and chandler and paasche air brushes.

I too have a few old Aztec double-action airbrushes and I still prefer to use my Aztec over my Thayer and chandler and paasche air brushes.

Darren, I too am an Aztek user and I have always liked the 'brush. It takes a bit of getting used to for many experienced airbrush users simply because the body is not cast metal so the feeling of "heft" isn't there, but the control one expects from a good airbrush *is*. I have SIX airbrushes - Aztek A470, Testors Model Master (similar to the A470 but without the side grips), Paasche VL, Paasche H, Badger 200, and Central Pneumatics double-action (Badger clone) - and out of all of them, the Aztek gets the most use - and its the easiest to clean out of all of them.

Edited by larrygre

Out of 5 A/B's my workhorse is the badger 155..for fine work a T&C omni.. for clears my $25 paasche H,, never fails.

I have literally sprayed gallons thru all of them.

Iwatas are classy and shiney , but not the only option for higher end work

the upper end aztecs and testors are great as well

the hardest to clean that I own is the paasche vl,,also a great A/B.

after a few cleanings it easy to get used to breaking down.

also it can be set to single action simply by turning the upper thumbwheel.

I would say that paint mix and flow are far more important than the airbrush brand.

Edited by scalenut

Central Pneumatics double-action (Badger clone)

sorry the only "clone" about the HF is the housing,, the internals are rough as heck and it has a completely different needle assembly and the needle is a different angle... not even in the same ball park beyond appearance..sure it works but you get what you pay for.

sorry the only "clone" about the HF is the housing,, the internals are rough as heck and it has a completely different needle assembly and the needle is a different angle... not even in the same ball park beyond appearance..sure it works but you get what you pay for.

Agreed, but I got it as a gift so I can't complain that much. Not my #1 airbrush of choice, and I do believe I already made that crystal clear.

I have a friend that swears by the Central Pneumatics brush though - and he does not do model cars with it, he does pinstriping and murals FOR A LIVING. If he likes the unit and uses it in his work, I won't discount his opinion, but I will let him argue the point if he so cares to.

I'll stick with my A470 and Paasche H, they have served me well. The end.