Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '32 Ford 5-Window

Custom Mike

Here's all my Cleared parts polished up, and the mesh has been installed in the hood sides. The front fenders are now done (Only 1 needs Clear now), and the body is Cleared too, but those pics will come in a few minutes. Some quick mock-up pics to check my rear fenders, and a mock-up with my spare body, I'm liking the look!

32FordHighboy5Window0211-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0212-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0213-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0214-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0215-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0216-vi.jpg

Here's my remaining muffler and tailpipe being put together. After finally locating the second muffler, I got to work on making the tailpipe. I laid it out in the chassis, bent the tubing, then thinned out the tip of the exhaust pipe with an X-Acto knife. A dab if Flat Black, some grinding on the mufflers so they fit right under the crossmember, a set of "pins" to hold them in place and the kit exhaust added to the front end to meet the headers, and my exhaust is completed!

32FordHighboy5Window0219-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0220-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0221-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0222-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0223-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0224-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0225-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0226-vi.jpg

A shot of the completed chassis, my engine is in place and the fuel line is connected, all that's left is the steering box and connecting the tie rod to it, I'm waiting for the steering box's glue to set up good before I get those two connected.

32FordHighboy5Window0227-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0228-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0230-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0231-vi.jpg

Hello this hotrod mis looking really good, I can't wait to see the final product.

Nowdays I have some problems with the body painting and I'm interested in the painting with nail pushers, but I don't know how can I paint it and I don't know what type of lacquer did you use? I1m looking foreward your message!

Nowadays I have some problems with the body painting and I'm interested in the painting with nail pushers, but I don't know how can I paint it and I don't know what type of lacquer did you use? I1m looking foreward your message!

Bence, I thin my nail polishes with plain old Lacquer Thinner, mixed about 50.50, but it depends on the thickness of the nail polish you're using.

IT'S DONE!!!!! I entered my five pics a few minutes ago (Funny, you get no confirmation when it's finished submitting the pics), so now it's a waiting game. Here's the final update on the WIP, I'll post some pics in the Under Glass section Thanks for all the replies and encouragement, you guys are the best!

32FordHighboy5Window0241-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0242-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0243-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0244-vi.jpg

32FordHighboy5Window0245-vi.jpg