Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is there a way to fix a leaking airbrush

I noticed today my badger airbrush has a leak. On the main body at the point where it is welded to the tube that connects to the hose. Is there a way to fix this? Perhaps with solder? Or wax?

Thanks

Jeff

how the %$&$# did that happen.. wait for big boys to answer that one .. if you wax it good temp fix but no prem fix will stick ..best guess.. go to (air brush forum) ask same Question they are crazy smart.. my badger 150 i got off ebay for $10.00 ..fixed for 3.00. now ive got 1 ex that works and one for parts it aways quits when your in the middle of some thing..jr

It was dropped a few times. Thats probaly why. Totally my fault. I think the cost of shipping to and from badger headquarters would be astronomical. Half the price of buying a brand new one. I have a tube of silver stuff meant to fix small holes in exhaust pipes. You guys think thats will hold? The plating along that weld appears to be worn off. Bah I just read on the badger website that the head seal can only be tightened or loosened two or three times before it becomes worn out. It sure would be nice if they mentioned that on the packaging. I remove the head at least three times a month.

Edited by sak

Don's right Badger service is very good they might replace it. If you need parts for any Badger airbrushes they do not sell parts directly but use a company for drop shipments.

It's at this link Badger Badger gave me a promo code that gets you 33% of everything for all my orders through this site. I got my parts in 3 days, great service. The only part that wears out on Badger's is the needle bearing which has a lifetime free replacement guarantee.

Edited by 935k3

Guest Gramps-xrds

If it's a Badger you're talking about and it's leaking where the air connection is attached to the main body, that is an easy fix. Just take the brush completely apart. pull the needle bearing out and the air regulator, then just solder it using some flux and solder.