Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model auction tomorrow

more pics!

super dullie

general lee

theres a clear nascar car i spy the front nose of!

and

copout

matter afact theyre all good ones!

get as many as you can and if you get the general lee kit and dont need the decals then send them my way!

ill take the gen lee

super dullie

space shuttle

laural and hardie roadster

budwieser funny car beneath the space shuttle!

Edited by bandit1

Are they selling them in one lot or individually? There are some nice OOP kits there that would be nice to have, some are harder to find than others, others are more common.

Be careful to not get caught up in the bidding frenzy and over pay for some plastic. If you have a list of what is being auctioned, I would recommend doing some research before you lay out cold hard cash.

Best of luck and be sure to tell us what you got!

Hey if ya get em i'll buy that CopOut and Vantasy off ya they were both kits I built as a kid. Actually Cop Out was the second model I ever built I was 5 at the time. And im gonna build it again except this time it'll be done right! Take care and i hope you get what youre looking for. :)

They will more than likely sell them individually or in small groups of 2-5. That way makes more money. Since they have such a large amount of them though they could do more. Make sure you look through the kits well you don't want to be bidding on something rare and high dollar just to find out it has a half built 57 Chevy sitting in the box.

Honestly from what I have seen at auctions if you are willing to pay closer to retail/aftermarket price you will probably win just about everything you want. Most of the buyers will be resellers/prospectors who are trying to buy cheap. You should be able to knock them out quick.

They will more than likely sell them individually or in small groups of 2-5. That way makes more money. Since they have such a large amount of them though they could do more. Make sure you look through the kits well you don't want to be bidding on something rare and high dollar just to find out it has a half built 57 Chevy sitting in the box.

Honestly from what I have seen at auctions if you are willing to pay closer to retail/aftermarket price you will probably win just about everything you want. Most of the buyers will be resellers/prospectors who are trying to buy cheap. You should be able to knock them out quick.

On the otherhand sometimes you get lucky and get a two for one. I bought a bagged P-80 Shooting star jet fighter off ebay last year, when it arrived it was actually 6 complete kits, 2 T-33 (P-80 trainer), 3 P-80s and a P-94 Starfire (P-80 nightfighter) :lol: .

Not as much as I would have liked to. To many buyers.

I got....

MPC Knightrider

57 Nomad by revell, 53 chevy panel, 33 ford 3 window coupe, big 57 chevy1/16,

Monogram ford mustang gtp, 34 ragtop, copoutzz top eliminator,

Chevy corvette by mpc sidewinder, super dualie

1932 ROADSTER, ultravan, The flower rod,

Lindberg lo-rider with big slicks

What did you get?

Not as much as I would have liked to. To many buyers.

I got....

MPC Knightrider

57 Nomad by revell, 53 chevy panel, 33 ford 3 window coupe, big 57 chevy1/16,

Monogram ford mustang gtp, 34 ragtop, copoutzz top eliminator,

Chevy corvette by mpc sidewinder, super dualie

1932 ROADSTER, ultravan, The flower rod,

Lindberg lo-rider with big slicks