Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 corvette, from hell!

I purchased a AMT 1962 corvette at NNL east this year and just started to build it as a NHRA stocker("buck shot"). OMG! the body was the worst I have ever seen... I have seen resin in better shape. Mold lines,parts not fitting, It has to be completely cut to fit. Any of you guys seen this ?

I think Marc was referring to the modern Revell- Monogram 58 and 59 Corvettes series

The old Revell multi piece body 60 Corvette is actually a '59 (based on seat upholstery)

Ironically enough the AMT '59 Corvette that's been reissued to death as well is actually a '60 :unsure:

I think Marc was referring to the modern Revell- Monogram 58 and 59 Corvettes series

The old Revell multi piece body 60 Corvette is actually a '59 (based on seat upholstery)

Ironically enough the AMT '59 Corvette that's been reissued to death as well is actually a '60 B)

Yeah, you got it the right way around, I screwed it up.

Revell's multipiece 60 is a 59 wheras AMT's 59 is a 60 and they most probably called it a 59 just because Revell called their's a 60.

I used the front clip of the multipiece Revell for my AMT 62. It's easier, since the front clip is already separate.