Model Cars Magazine Forum

there does not seem to be to much info on these trucks via the net,would any of you guys know if it is possiable to get a resin cab over in the states...seriously thinking of scratchin the cab..but if i can get a hold of a resin cab that would be good

matilda

The term "bubblenose" also applied to the Peterbilt 350 but never officially by Peterbilt.

Even though the 350 COE cab looked like the conventional cab, it only shared the doors and instrument cluster, the rest was unique to 350.

The 350 COE was replaced by the 351 COE in the late 50's. Sleeper and non-sleeper were available.

I often wondered why Peterbilt didn't attempt to use the 350 COE cab on a conventional.

Tim

would these old girls be as wide as say a modern truck ? forgive me but where would one start referance wise dont see to many round here.. maybe Mr peterbilt Tim could pass on some measurements of a resin cab if he dont mind.... ,the truck i plan building is lets say a hot rod stretched frame rails, scratch maybe, a 377 sleeper on back those cool flares over the back wheels not to forget those big custom stacks finished off with a wild paint job the cab dos'nt seem to hard to build just need some basic measurements to get the ball rolling thanks again

Matilda

Matilda,

the old 350 COE cab was actually wider than the 359,379,389 cabs.

Tim

would these old girls be as wide as say a modern truck ? forgive me but where would one start referance wise dont see to many round here.. maybe Mr peterbilt Tim could pass on some measurements of a resin cab if he dont mind.... ,the truck i plan building is lets say a hot rod stretched frame rails, scratch maybe, a 377 sleeper on back those cool flares over the back wheels not to forget those big custom stacks finished off with a wild paint job the cab dos'nt seem to hard to build just need some basic measurements to get the ball rolling thanks again

Matilda

Oh, that's wrong on so many levels! I'mgonnabesick.

Tim

Hey Tim,

Here's a 352 cab on a conventional.

InterBilt???