Model Cars Magazine Forum

custom 1950 F-1, built as a tribute

Recently, Roger Behrends, a veteran, fan of traditional customs, clubmate, and just a great person to know passed away. His daughter donated all of his unbuilt kits to the club, and I bought several, including this one at the August meeting.

I didn't know why I bought this one at the time, I never liked the looks of these trucks much, but before the meeting was over, I knew what I had to do with this kit.

Roger, I hope you like what I did. I wish you'd built it yourself.

001-vi.jpg

002-vi.jpg

006-vi.jpg

Saved the Ardun for the next build. Besides, I think the Caddy goes better in this truck

007-vi.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on the truck, guys. I'd been away from building models since I started the 1;1 project, and getting some kits from Roger's stash lit the 1:25 scale fire again. I found I can build the real one in the garage, and the small ones in the basement concurrently.

And thanks for the compliments on Katie- she wears many hats at the scale shop. She fabricates and paints the rides, and then decorates them when they're done. She's got the urge to build herself a race car now, so I may have to let her do it. Yeah, I started out to paint a couple of figures to use for poses, and ended up liking figure painting- so she ended up with an entire character backstory, and about 18 finished versions and another half dozen or so in progress.