Model Cars Magazine Forum

mercedes-benz clk dtm 2000

stulee11

hi this is only my 3rd model kit but its taken ages because of the decals ther a right pain in the **** lol but i am persisting with them and there getting there so let me know what yall think good or bad comments are all welcome because it can only help me make better ones so thanks for looking 15102011186.jpg15102011185.jpg15102011184.jpg

got a question for everyone i am having a hard time getting the decals to form to the contors of the body shell i am using "revell decal soft" but i dont know if there is anything better i could use for future kits any info would me much apricated thanks again

Edited by stulee11

Hi, nice job so far, i know what you mean by the decals, there are a right pain in the butt lol,

As for help with them, i use Micro Set and Micro Sol on my decals, it works well and shapes them to almost any shape, but when its doing its thing, the decals will make you cry at what they are doing ( they wrinkle up )

micro-set-sol.jpg

http://www.modelairplanebuilding.com/decals-and-markings.html

i know its a plane in the link, but they are the kits that need the bigest help in getting a decal to form for the painted on look :huh:

Hope this is of help to you, and keep up the good work B)

I think your doing a awesome job so far and your better than me with them decals. If I could suggest only one thing to you it would be to keep any parts not being worked on under some sort of case. I just use the 8$ plastic display cases ,but It keeps all that dust off your model and really pays In the end. keep up the good work and share the final results.

Wow this thing came out nice. Looks like your pretty well gifted if this is only your third build. That's great your boys want a model like daddy ,but I can see how that might conflict with you actually being able to buy one for yourself :lol: Great job on the build and I cant wait to see more.