Model Cars Magazine Forum

help from people in utah

hi im tyler i use to do model and geting back in to the hobby after years. is there any one in utah that could help me in doing a good quality car . or any one out there that could give me some good tips that would help me out thanks to anyone that could help me out

Edited by dragon3323

hi im tyler i use to do model and geting back in to the hobby after years. is there any one in utah that could help me in doing a good quality car . or any one out there that could give me some good tips that would help me out thanks to anyone that could help me out

You don't need to find someone in Utah to give you tips and help. The whole point of this place is to gather up people from all over the country... all over the world, actually. All you need to do is ask your questions here, no Utah residency required! ^_^

You don't need to find someone in Utah to give you tips and help. The whole point of this place is to gather up people from all over the country... all over the world, actually. All you need to do is ask your questions here, no Utah residency required! ^_^

what i want help is with tool and finishes detailing and what grit paper to use and when

Do you already have a basic set of tools and supplies? Have you built models before?

You may be interested in the 'On The Workbench' section first. There you can see how other people build their models, maybe even one you have in mind yourself. If there is anything specific you would like to know, just ask.

Edited by Junkman

I'm in the Salt Lake area, what do you need? :)

Rick

do you know some good place are to get models and do you know a loco hobby store to get stuff at like wheels plug wires and stuff like that

For cheap models, there's Hobby Lobby in South Jordan, or "Some dudes" Hobbies in West Jordan on Redwood and about 78th. For "one stop shopping" there's a great place in West Valley City at 54th and Redwood. A little pricy, but if anyone is going to have what you're looking for, it is them! They have the best selection of models, paints, and other accesories in the valley...

Edited by Rick

For cheap models, there's Hobby Lobby in South Jordan, or "Some dudes" Hobbies in West Jordan on Redwood and about 78th. For "one stop shopping" there's a great place in West Valley City at 54th and Redwood. A little pricy, but if anyone is going to have what you're looking for, it is them! They have the best selection of models, paints, and other accesories in the valley...

do you know the name of the place on 54th and redwood

and thank for the info it help alot

Edited by dragon3323

Tyler, I recommend your first order of business is to stick around, the other is to run to your public library and check out books and magazines on the subject. Inform yourself, both here and there, and then get going . . . build what you like, and start out with all the basics.

Good luck with your styrene addiction.

Tyler, I recommend your first order of business is to stick around, the other is to run to your public library and check out books and magazines on the subject. Inform yourself, both here and there, and then get going . . . build what you like, and start out with all the basics.

Good luck with your styrene addiction.

I have watch about all your vids and got some realy good tips. And thanks for your help

Oh, sorry, it's West Valley Hobbies, They are on 54th just west of Redwood in the middle of that strip mall on the southwest corner

Rick

I know where that is u as to get a lot of Rc rock cralwer parts there

I'm from UT as well.I'm in Ogden.some of the places others have said you can get the parts you are looking for.UMAG is a club there and they mite be able to help you more.I can get you in contact with them if you want.I'm sure there are people here that belong to UMAG as well.West Valley has alot of models to and the stuff you are looking for and yes they are on 54th and redwood road.if I can help I will.good luck.Thanks,Chris

Edited by Nova-ss