Model Cars Magazine Forum

1996 Honda Accord

dukedell560

This kit is the Tamiya 1/24 scale JACCS Accord. I purchased this kit at a show for $5.00. I was concerned about the decals as there was some mold inside the box. During construction my suspicions were confirmed as the decals were not useable. So, I built this as a low budget race car/drift car. The finish is Model Master Custom Lacquer System Silver Blue Metallic. All other paint is either Testors or Tamiya.

100_6099-2.jpg

100_6098.jpg

100_6101.jpg

100_6102.jpg

Edited by dukedell560

Earl - Thanks for the compliment. Took me a few minutes to figure out what what wrong posting the pictures.

Steven - Thanks for sharing your build. Great Job on your Accord!!! The decals just disintegrated as soon as they hit the water. In terms of the color, you are correct. that silver blue is very close to an actual Honda factory color.

Dr. Cranky & Rodney - Thanks for the compliments on the model and the photos.

Hm. Can't write "great" or something like that - sorry.

This generation of Accords has a aggressive design, specially on the front. But what happened with yours?

The stand of the wheels? The windshield? And why is the body not fitting on the underbody? For me it looks crocked - sorry, but that is what i see.

The location of the pictures is well choosen.

I will not make you bad, but here you can pick out even more determined on the kit! Thats only my opinion to this modelcar!