Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Camaro El General Pro Mod (updates 05/06/12)

tyrone

Thanks fellas, I have not done alot since the last update, but I did get the reverse shifter done I use a shift rod lever from the r/m pro sportsman lenko shifter, and used styrene rod and soda can to make the linkage, I also got the dist, and wires done, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

019-1.jpg

024-3.jpg

032-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

Looking very good, your projects are always very interesting, and they give lots of inspiration to continue my own builds too. Great job with the Lenco, engine looks very good too. One question: When you glue the engine on the frame? I've been thinking that for a while, when it is best time to install?

Thanks fellas, It's a rainy nasty weekend here, which is a perfect time for working in the garage..lol...I've been working on this one last night and this morning trying to get the electronics finished up, I made some modules for the firewall, got the coil and starter on, ran a few wires out front and put the steering wheel with cord in. Thanks for looking and comments welcome...

001-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

015-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

Thanks fellas, I'm glad you all are enjoying it, I love this part of building these more than any other, detailing the engine, cockpit, etc compared to chassis building, I got the hole for the scoop cut out and I love the way these narrow Camaro bodies look......... thanks again...

019-3.jpg

020-4.jpg

017-3.jpg

022-5.jpg

Edited by tyrone