Model Cars Magazine Forum

Top Fuel help

tgallo

hey guys im new to the forum and been building for about 2 years really want to step it up this year

was looking for any tips or help with my top fuel im building got some pe part and a gibions engine but wood love to wire the whole

thing thanks

this is what i done got

post-9173-0-35624000-1326985758_thumb.jp

post-9173-0-08525500-1326985781_thumb.jp

Firstly welcome to the forum. I am sure there are some diagrams on here for the fuel system, As for the wiring i have diagram for an older car but would be out of date for a 2001 car i would have thought.

I work on a top fuel dragster and i was shocked by the amount of wire that is on one of these things. This year i will be working on a 2010 NHRA car and finding things on it that the last one didnt have, they have sensors everywhere even down to the wheelie bar.

I could try and get some photos for you but it will be a few weeks before i have them as unfortuantly my last set of detailed images i had were lost before xmas when my pc died.

How far do you want go with the wiring?

Seeing that you've got the engine looking like it's torn down between rounds may I suggest you build a diorama. you can show off the bare block, other engine parts scattered around on different work stations. and you wouldn't have to deal with the actual hookup of many sensors, fuel lines, oil recovery lines etc. Like Gareth said you could drive yourself crazy trying to make everthing correct and complete.