Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 IMPALA SS 409 HT: MY 3 DAY BUILD

ROB213

well thanks to Dr. cranky for putting on his 3 day build off, and helping me get off my butt and building again :lol: this is my first complete build iv done in about 3-4 years now. :o so i got the bug again, im going to start crankying them out like theres no tomorrow :D

here it is my 1961 impala ss 409:

from this

003-8.jpg

to this :D

003-7.jpg

006-8.jpg

008-9.jpg

009-9.jpg

019-6.jpg

016-8.jpg

039-4.jpg

041-2.jpg

hope you guys like it, theres many more to come :D

thanks for looking!! B)

like i wrote in the WIP-Thread:

Can't belive, that this is a only "3-Day-built" - it looks so perfect! Clean and shiny.

@Steve, the figures are "hoppin hydros" if i remember right. Scale 1/25 and just perfect for show. I like them from time to time to present a modelcar. Also there are a set of drivers too.

thanks for the kind words fellas B)

@dominik i hear you man, i real suprised myself on this build. now theres many more to come :D . oh and yup those are "hoppin hydros" 1/25 scale. iv been looking for the drivers for a long time to complete the set, but i cant find them :( if anybody here has them for sale or wants to trade let me know ;)

thanks virgil for the kind words, and thanks for giving me that push i needed into building again B) kinda forgot how fun it was for a minute.. ill be back with another one next week ;)

@terry yup only three days :D thanks for the kind words also B)

Edited by ROB213

wow i am always amazed when people build something like this in 3 days! does it have the motor (if not, wanna trade it for something? :D )

it takes me forever just to do a little foiling and that thing is completely trimmed out!

great car man...

Yeah I agree... But Darth Vader never said "Flippin Awesome." So I had to go with "Impressive." :lol:

:lol:

and thanks fellas really appreciate the kinds words B) , i got another 3 day build selected for next week so stay tuned ;)

wow i am always amazed when people build something like this in 3 days! does it have the motor (if not, wanna trade it for something? :D )

it takes me forever just to do a little foiling and that thing is completely trimmed out!

great car man...

thanks bro! B) and yup, it gots the engine in there :lol: here you go ;)

023-6.jpg

Edited by ROB213