Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another take on the 934-935s 1/12 Porsche,

B.Beachum

I didn't want the brass look so I used Dupicolor GM Buckskin on the center pieces and the retainer ring I painted an aluminum with prisim clear

I drilled the dimples out in the retainer ring and made the holes in centers larger for some pins

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

This is mostly stuff mocked up for the 1st time but I think I'll keep the shocks as is ,...kinda like them,..The rotors will be changed alittle,.. I have 4 1/12 934 kits and 1 Martini kit and 2 SMS detail kits i'll see what else I can come up with,...

I am currently working on fuchs wheels to fit the tamiya cars; for an alternative to the BBS style rims; also working on the correction set for the Hawaiian tropic cars, which will be the correct front clip from my car; the rocker panels , and two piece wing (for those who wish to build the #71 or #72 cars....which I am building for Dick Barbour, to go with the #70 car. I Agree that the SMS sets are just the best! The details add a whole new dimension to the model! Other things I will be doing for the porsches....1980 Kremer 935 K3 body for the tamiya cars...this will be the body and the corrected TWIN turbo setup for the 1980 Lemans Pole sitter ...also a Dick Barbour car. Almost finished with the left hand drive conversion for the Tamiya datsun 240Z kits..............matt

German Street Outlaws first spreading 1 kit between 2-3 cars and 1 Whole kit on 1 Racecar,...I worked on these cars in 86-88 doing bodywork on install Slantnose kits and Whaletail kits, I 'm going to build 1 like I use to build and then the other 2 close to box stock,..

Thanks,

Barry Beachum

I like these cars with the 934 rear on the street,...my own preference,

I thinking about drilling for lug stud holes for a street car ,I think it might be more true,..the kit gives some brake line brackets I would like to run the lines,... since I'm short on cluster panels for the top of the Fuel Cell I found some sheet metal,...I'm liking the Idea on a Carbon Fiber hoods ,I have some Bronze Carbon Fiber for the Orange car and Small weave black for a Black car,...alot of what goes into building and using the kit gets covered like always,..ya love doin all the detail and then it seems like with in the next 5 steps your covering it up

Thanks,

Barry Beachum

I do agree about covering up all of the details; once I had the engine assembly completed; It was difficult to install in the car....I was tempted to just put it on a stand!.....I wired the back (front ) of all the guages and switches on the dash as well....another exercise in futility! I designed the Hawaiiian tropic car to be integral to the display....and did not put wheeels on the drivers side....that way all of the rotor and shochk details would be visible on the dispaly....but the car HAS to be on the display. The brake line brackets in the SMS set are very nice; but there is a lack of detail photos showing the actual lines....I got was fortunate to get to crawl under a 1:1 935 to check that stuff out...........matt