Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets see pics of your altered wheelbase mopars

So I ordered the Speed City long nose dart like the Landy car shown here. It comes with a box frame. It says to use an AMT funny car for axles. Do I assume.... they mean look for the earliest style of funny car chassis only and that's only an AMT model? It's been since the early 70's that I owned one of those. I dont remeber the parts truthfully. I see some STP Cougers that appear to be early. Is that the style?

Dave Decoster, those two models are very nice!

On the Altered States site, there's a long nosed Dart called "Dixie Dart 2" by Jay Moody. Very nice model, fantastic paint, everything about it is done well. Was there ever a Dixie Dart? If not, then even the decals are one offs.

Edited by jmpsebring

So I ordered the Speed City long nose dart like the Landy car shown here. It comes with a box frame. It says to use an AMT funny car for axles. Do I assume.... they mean look for the earliest style of funny car chassis only and that's only an AMT model? It's been since the early 70's that I owned one of those. I dont remeber the parts truthfully. I see some STP Cougers that appear to be early. Is that the style?

Dave Decoster, those two models are very nice!

On the Altered States site, there's a long nosed Dart called "Dixie Dart 2" by Jay Moody. Very nice model, fantastic paint, everything about it is done well. Was there ever a Dixie Dart? If not, then even the decals are one offs.

They probably mean that you should use the parts from the AMT Rat Packer, King's Comet, or Pontiac Tempest A.W.B. style Funny Cars.

WF

Well it's four days later and in my hand is a long-nose Dart from Speedcity Resin. Many like myself, get interested in a model or build while looking here on the various threads. Even if they are old threads. Then we go looking for products having no real clue about their quality. This product gets an "A" for sure. Top quality in every way including service. Have no Fear!

That's an AWESOME lookin' Coronet Mr. Frey!

Thanks! This was my very first attempt at body work of any kind. Cutting into this car was very scary at first and I learned a lot. If you measure twice and cut once, you too can be a Funny Car builder!

WF

Here is another one if you don't mind. Modified Hemi Under Glass body with Miss Deal underpinnings.

Smokeruda1-vi.jpg

I moved the rear wheels forward about 12 scale inches and stretched the nose a scale 10 inches.

I don't know why I used green as the main color. I normally hate green! It came out o.k. I think.

DSC02435-vi.jpg

Here is the link if you want to see the whole story: http://public.fotki.com/announcerguy/altered-wheelbase/twister/

WF