Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Public "Thank You"

I had posted a while back about wanting to refurbish two of the die-cast toys my dad had as a boy. Oddly enough, they turned out to be from the same manufacturer, so there are a couple of parts in common (1 car, 1 airplane). The tires on both were horribly dry-rotted. Well, I got a PM from Bill Spencer (spencer1984) offering to help me find the right size tires. THANK YOU Bill!!! He has stuck with this project looking through all his parts and even scouring the local stores for toys that might have the right size. He found what I need in a local Rite-Aid drugstore.

I've sent a lot of parts to folks not expecting anything in return and I insisted that I pay Bill at least for his expenditures in getting the tires to me. Guys and Gals, this is what makes this forum great . . . it's the great, and I mean GREAT, folks who hang out here. I've had trades that all went well and I've received a few parts and sent out a bunch myself. Bill went above and beyond in staying with this and because of his dilligence, I'll be able to proceed with the refinish. I know that for top value, old stuff should not be restored. I wouldn't sell either of these toys as they mean so much to me and I'd like to restore them to a "showroom new" look so as to have them as my dad would have had them as a kid.

Bill, you're the kind of good folks who makes this forum what it is and inspires me to keep sending parts (when I have them). Again, thank you my friend. As a result, Bill means a lot to me now as he's been a big part of refurbishing the toys that mean so much to me. I know Bill isn't the only one on here who is willing to help others, but he's a great example of what we should all strive for. Just wanted to say that in front of everyone.

Edited by Bridgebuster