Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hope all is well

I live about 40 miles southeast of Dallas. We just had some heavy rain and lightning. My son lives in Forney, which is about ten miles east of Dallas. They had one subdivision with extensive damage and one school damaged.. So far no serious injuries and no fatalities. He works in downtown Dallas and they were locked down for several hours. My daughter-in-law was locked down at her school in Rockwall northeast of Dallas. My oldest granddaughter was at school in Forney, but her school sustained no damage. One of my co-worker's wife is the executive assistant(secretary) to the chief of police in Arlington. She said they were overwhelmed with calls but no damage at headquarters. There was lots of damage in the city of Arlington. Makes you appreciate the early warnings and good sense of most involved that had to contribute to the lack of injuries. Some of the videos and photos of the damage and complete destruction of homes is amazing. This technological age we live in enables everyone to have a camera and video capability in their pocket. Many more images than we had in the past. Thank God my family was all safe.

I live in south Ft Worth and at work today we were all out in the parking lot watching the clouds rotate and a long strip kept dropping down out of the clouds and then go back up. Very cool but scary thing to watch. A few miles away it became a tornado and hit the kennedale/mansfield area and did quite a bit of damage.