Model Cars Magazine Forum

Presenting my quickest build since I was a kid!

ismaelg

Hello,

I know gas prices are affecting many aspects of our life, but even the scale model scene??? :shock: :D

Talk about a quick fun build. This was made in a few days but total building time was less than 5 hours. This is Tamiya's Campus Friends Vespa 50S. The model has 6 parts, but you know me. I added the brake and clutch levers made of aluminum sheet, the rear brake pedal (aluminum and solder) the kick starter (solder) the horn (alum) and added the key in the ignition with a keyfob hanging, right below the seat. At least that's what I think those things are :D

The license plate decal was placed over an aluminum foil piece of the same size, so it is very thin and metallic from the back.

DSCF6374b.jpg

DSCF6373b.jpg

DSCF6371b.jpg

This vehicle is only used inside the complex so it is not registered for road use. After all, the lawn mower has more power. I read somewhere these are about 2 horsepower...

Notice these pictures were not taken at the showroom. They are from the shop area where cars are worked on. The Ferrari was in for a wax job :D

I feel like cheating, but this counts as another finished model for the year :D

Thanks,

Nice build Izzy,

I've a couple of those "campus people" kits and have often been drawn to just building those "Veppies". You may find them a bit of a joke over there? - but in most congested European cities they're considered an excellent tool. They also have quite some cult following and are often looked upon with much affection.

Here's a larger scale version I built some time ago now............

popupVespa.jpg

Later .................... Andi

Man, you just can't build something out of the box can you? :D

Well, I take the parts out of the box into the workbench if that counts :D

Andi,

Cool Vespa! Nice color combo. Here in Puerto Rico, modern scooters (those chinese built things) are now so popular I consider them a pest :D Vespas were popular back in the early '70s. A co-worker just reminded me how they were used for telegram delivery! (I don't know what a telegram is:That's my story and I'll stick to it :D)

Hola Mike!

That is 1/24 The kit comes with some figures as well.

Thanks,

Awesome Vespa, Ismael! Vespas are very cool along with lots of other scooters. Here are a few pics of some of the scoots in my collection. The bigger one is the 1/12 IMAI kit which is excellent, by the way. The gray one is a toy I found at a swapmeet which I painted. The Tamiyas I built when they came out! I had to have one chromed!

vespa001.jpg

vespa002.jpg

vespa003.jpg