Model Cars Magazine Forum

If you want to see a cool video of nitro-fueled nostalgia F/Cs

click on this link, then click the NitroAmerica video link in the upper right-hand corner. First minute or so are a pure blast to see and hear those AA/FC engines and one camera angle is really cool... Be sure the speakers are up! LOL

http://www.youtube.c...ture=feed-promo

Edited by futurattraction

I think that was a film from the 1970s and was shown in cinemas at the time. I managed to get a genuine copy of the film direct from america for about £20 and the best £20 ive spent on entertainment in a long while.

During the film there is an interview with the "mongoose" and he shows the revell 1/16th scale models of his us navy f/c and dragster, shame he calls them 25th scale.

I think you must be thinking of a different film than this one. I watched the entire 11:25 minutes of it and they never interviewed McEwen. More to the point, the opening caption says Rockabilly Reunion 2012. The videography is also much more current than from the 70s. These cars all have current safety equipment on them like blower restraints, beadlocks, etc. It looks, to me, more like it's late-60s to early -80s bodies modded to much more current standards/practices. There are like four 69 Camaro F/Cs, plus a Satellite and various years of Mustangs. The picture quality is too modern, too.

Ha just realised what i did wrong, I clicked the link above and could not see any related links so i typed "american nitro" just re-read above to see its "nitroamerica" My fault

I will have a look for that as i am big fan of the nostalgic funny cars etc