Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Mustang BOSS 302

TheCat

Felix this boss really rocks.

What color did you use on the block?

I just got some testors ford engine blue but it looks

way to dark.But the color you have used looks spot on.

If you used testors could you give the paint reference number?

Thank you very much Tim. I agree, the Testor's color is to dark. I finally found the perfect Ford Engine Blue color from Citadel Paints. It's Citadel color Enchanted Blue #61-34. When you apply it it will look semi mat. You will need to apply some future polish and it will then look like the engine color and shine.

I agree with the gang... very nicely done. The "carpet" looks pretty good, and the engine detail is first rate! B)

You know what look really cool? Rear window slats in flat back. You could scratchbuild the slats out of sheet styrene or even a file (index) card.

louvers.jpg

Wow! that looks exactly like the 429 my old man built20 years ago, to the "t", car builder,master painter, he got that ice finish with old gloss blk testor rattle can,toothpaste and clear. My model hating exwife made it disappear like the rest of my collection. I treasured that car and always wished i could do what he did with nothing, I recently picked 1 of these up wondering how to go with it. Thank you Harry for posting that b/b glossy beauty! I know where to go now, I hope it turns out close to that pic and my dads work. everything else just got put away..Sorry, that is also a nice 429, white on black, nice detail aswell. Hope my black one holds up. Edited by donkeypuncher76