Model Cars Magazine Forum

PHOENIX RISING--FINISHED 9/1/2012

Dr. Cranky

Thanks, everyone. Ah shucks, Donn, thank you for all the help. I haven't had this much frustration and fun on a build in a long time. This one broke me in to the madness. Not the last one I will build, that's for sure. I want to do a 53 or 57 Corvette like this in the near future.

Dr. I read through the entire subject here, and I have to say, not only is it a great model, but I am glad it did not become a wall ornament! Not only because so many have also had the pleasure of seeing the finished project. Plus it has given me some inspiration to go back to some I have been about ready to turn into either wall bombardments, or firecracker fuel! Alos kind of a bit of irony in that I got to see Donn's first video this past weekend. Have heard about it for years, but never been able to see it until this past weekend! I must have had some kind of evil glint in my eye because my friend said I could not even borrow it!!! LOL Maybe he thinks he might not have gotten it back!! Oh well once back to work both DVD's will be ordered! Can't wait to see your next project! Oh and by the way, one of my stalled projects was using the same T-Bird but dropping in a street SOHC 427 from the Tarantula and intake from the Monogram Cobra, and the automatic from the Revell T-Bolt, just to keep the comfy cruiser of the original.

• 3 weeks later...