Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old skool 25 T

Steve H.

This one got put away a while back, when I got dissappointed in the paint job. Since I've been building "dirty" hot rods lately, maybe this will get some primer spots to cover the screw-ups! I still need to figure out a way to pin stripe the scallops, maybe with some thin gold decal strips. The interesting part of the paint is how a rust color started showing up around the lower door hinge... I have no idea where that came from, but it is a neat effect.

P8190001-vi.jpg

I lucked out and won a Replicas & Miniatures chopped T (which, by the way as with most of Norm's stuff, is nicer than some styrene I've seen!!!) at a recent club meeting and now have to decide which way to go; shaggy or shiny.

I first pictured a set of steelies and wide wides...then Halibrands...then chrome reverse with pie-plate slicks...then red oxide primer...then black primer...then lime green, with a lean more toward a show rod...and now I'm seeing the wires and really diggin' the look. No matter what, I have to build something soon or I'm going to have to officially concede and join the ranks of kit collector rather than builder. Right now I'm on the cusp, sort of in building limbo...in that grey area called kit accumulator. :blink:

Maybe the solution to the pinstriping is as simple as a fine point silver or gold gel pen or similar device. Just throwin' it out there. You could even split the difference between ratty and showy by weathering a little, using the primer spots you talked about and building a "survivor" hot rod. No matter what, you have a cool rod under way there and you gotta finish it! At least do it for those of us who can't get anything off the bench!

Steve,

I like this T coupe, I've seen a few built up here and there, and I really like the shape and the height of the roof. Excellent work so far, and those wire wheels simply rock, they look very realistic and very representative of what rodders are putting on thier rides these days in the traditional rod world.

Great work, keep it up!

Gray

"building a "survivor" hot rod"...

Funny you should mention that... Thats kinda the theme I was shooting for with the old style paint and wires.

Peterson, Whats it gonna take to shame you into building something? :blink: We can't have an "Accumulator" in our midst! Hmmm... Maybe an email campaign from every builder on this and the "other" board? I know you have the skill and urge... And a T Bolt... Oops, didn't mean to mention that! B)