Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

2 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

I received my order from Off The Sprue that included 4 Recessed Domed Air Cleaners and 4 Flat Top Air Cleaners and 3 sets of 4 ignition coils, all made from machined aluminum. These are fantastic looking, and well machined pieces, and I am very happy with the quality. He has some other great looking items available and I encourage anyone looking for custom pieces of this nature to check out his stuff. He also has a youtube channel (Mark Dunlop) with some great builds and in-progress vids that showcase some of his items, 

DSCN6011.JPG

DSCN6012.JPG

DSCN6013.JPG

DSCN6014.JPG

Beautiful air cleaners!

27 minutes ago, Captain Spaulding said:

Stopped at my local flea market that just reopened and picked up a few cans of spray paint. Only $3.95 a can so can't beat the price.

20210221_121243.jpg

If you have not used that lately try it on some old model hoods.or body. They change the formula sometime but not sure when. Great colors and price friend...

1 hour ago, slusher said:

If you have not used that lately try it on some old model hoods.or body. They change the formula sometime but not sure when. Great colors and price friend...

I bough some last year and found they lay on good after a primer coat first. They had like 20 different colors there, definitely going back for more.

Picked these up today at a small antique shop. My neighbor went to to this shop and she knows I buy models. she bought me a kit saying she was told it was a complete kit. But it wasn't. So if she spies them. She tells me where. They had two more but one was a nascar and the other was the original MPC ice cream truck. Nothing I'd be interested in. And it's like what? I need more. LOL. At first I thought the 55 was missing the street machine wheels. But later realized they are not chrome. 

today.jpeg

Weekend toy show finds......

Jo-Han Cadillac....driver's side A column small crease, but otherwise good condition/complete. Seller also had a 64 Cadillac hardtop sealed but passed as I already have one

A-Team van.....open/complete but the glass has yellowed.  Box is trash

AMT A Team and JoHan 68 Cadillac Conv.jpg

Got my small order from Drag City Casting today, first time ordering  from Ed, I can honestly say it will not be my last order. 
32 rpu body with chopped windshield 

32 ford stock firewall

55 chev rear tonneau cover to cover the back seat area

And some really gnarly rear American race wheels for an altered project. 

C3F9CD84-32D3-4B97-92C6-C78694C1FA8B.jpeg

14194ADB-F6BC-4794-81AD-C18531ED7455.jpeg

1 hour ago, keyser said:

How do you order from  Drag City? Ed has neat stuff but Facebook useless for prices.

42 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I PM him on Facebook and order from him that way.  

That’s pretty much what I did, I looked through his Fotki, found what I wanted him and contacted him for pricing. 
he is pretty fast at responding, it may seem like a pita to order but I guarantee the results are worth it. 

1 hour ago, The Junkman said:

Tube of Squadron Grey Putty, tub of Tamiya white putty, bottle of Tamiya orange top plastic cement.  Uninspired, I know.

Hey, without it they'd never get painted or stuck together.

Chief's carbs are insanely good. Epic is justified, really. 

Thanks for the ordering tip for Drag City. 32 roadster pickup is a must. His 4 door too. 

Had this on my list for a while - and put a lowball offer on eBay and won it for cheap:

E4C556BD-8382-47C4-B1AA-ABFB72AE2FE8.thumb.jpeg.a70ab5f148b4d0210637947c5350bc5e.jpeg

The “Pro Shop” tag makes you think you’re maybe getting some kind of crazy extra-detailed version but far as I can tell it’s the same as the earlier AMT 32s - moulded in stuff on the frame and one-piece interior tub.  I knew that going in tho - just wanna build one for my collection!

I’m going to do the drag version from the box art I think.  Fun little quickie build (although I was wondering how well it would kitbash with the 32 frame and all the running gear from the Revell 29 Ford kit 🤔🤔🤔)

3238389A-EA21-49EB-9814-FB50B82C755F.thumb.jpeg.0d6210022dfad50dae2269cac1132ab1.jpeg

On 2/21/2021 at 4:12 PM, ewetwo said:

Picked these up today at a small antique shop. My neighbor went to to this shop and she knows I buy models. she bought me a kit saying she was told it was a complete kit. But it wasn't. So if she spies them. She tells me where. They had two more but one was a nascar and the other was the original MPC ice cream truck. Nothing I'd be interested in. And it's like what? I need more. LOL. At first I thought the 55 was missing the street machine wheels. But later realized they are not chrome. 

today.jpeg

I have the Orange 55 I panted and foiled but have not built it yet but I plan on getting to it.. bought mine at Walmart years ago...

Stainless steel tubing.  Years ago, at the IMPS Nationals in CO, a vendor had packages of hypodermic tubing, 2" long, great for making hydraulic struts.  Almost used up one size, so made the order for the exhaust tip size worth it.  Should last me for the rest of my life.

IMG_1208.thumb.jpg.6deac467c47aff7605c1fb4e74045208.jpg

7 hours ago, CabDriver said:

The “Pro Shop” tag makes you think you’re maybe getting some kind of crazy extra-detailed version but far as I can tell it’s the same as the earlier AMT 32s - moulded in stuff on the frame and one-piece interior tub.

I have always wondered what "Pro Shop" actually means so in this case nothing? ...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...