Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, slusher said:

That’s good I really thought that I read it in scale auto it was molded in black. 

They might have some in black Carl. But the ones I looked at in Micheals are all blue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this cool Revell Plow Truck at Hobby Lobby for 5 bucks due to the fact that someone took the tires but the rest of the kit is complete..

20210315_152348.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, philo426 said:

I got this cool Revell Plow Truck at Hobby Lobby for 5 bucks due to the fact that someone took the tires but the rest of the kit is complete..

20210315_152348.jpg

You have to check each kit carefully now because it seems that people are opening kits and taking stuff out. That has happened to me twice. They were smart because they would cut the wrapper so it looked sealed. Only by looking at the bottom could you tell it was opened. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered Jan 19, arrived today.

Pretty stoked to get started on this one.

20210315_140640.thumb.jpg.6bd24765589257b1127d486494b9302b.jpg

 

I figured I might as well order up all the extra too.

20210315_140925.thumb.jpg.6129bc997a99090e8033a62271daceee.jpg

20210315_140959.thumb.jpg.3784d1156caddfd12cdbf65365c6565c.jpg

20210315_140948.thumb.jpg.b453729a88d668b958af66849ff75882.jpg

20210315_140942.thumb.jpg.0d5f7f25b0b3627d8d76028339472f9d.jpg

20210315_140935.thumb.jpg.0d304b775e49e8360baa4841681f4cb0.jpg

 

And I have a set of Scenes Unlimited tires to go with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up the three small kits at Columbus  IN HL last Thursday (40% off).

Was in Indy on Saturday and was able to get to the HT on 82nd street (first time in this one).

Didn't have much time to look around but it looked to be pretty good.

Picked up the mixer there.

   Rog😁

hl ht.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Arrived this morning from Chris @C1 Models, you just wouldn't guess his bodyshells are actually resin, there no thicker than a regular styrene kit.

20210316_113714.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Ordered Jan 19, arrived today.

Pretty stoked to get started on this one.

20210315_140640.thumb.jpg.6bd24765589257b1127d486494b9302b.jpg

 

I figured I might as well order up all the extra too.

20210315_140925.thumb.jpg.6129bc997a99090e8033a62271daceee.jpg

20210315_140959.thumb.jpg.3784d1156caddfd12cdbf65365c6565c.jpg

20210315_140948.thumb.jpg.b453729a88d668b958af66849ff75882.jpg

20210315_140942.thumb.jpg.0d5f7f25b0b3627d8d76028339472f9d.jpg

20210315_140935.thumb.jpg.0d304b775e49e8360baa4841681f4cb0.jpg

 

And I have a set of Scenes Unlimited tires to go with it.

I see you went all in on this Dodge Ram ,Looks real good !

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I see you went all in on this Dodge Ram ,Looks real good !

I figure, if I'm going to step outside my pricing comfort zone, I might as well go all in.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

I figure, if I'm going to step outside my pricing comfort zone, I might as well go all in.

 

 

A&N make awesome stuff I have a few of there big rigs and engine kits go together well .

Edited by Mr mopar
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2021 at 10:43 AM, Bullybeef said:

Picked up another lot of rebuilders, got my second amt/mpc 1975 blazer. I need more of these for parts to fix/finish the two I have

ABB0AD11-66B7-4BA2-B746-2F23DFC23F99.jpeg

Very cool, between this, and the other pic you shared with all the bins, where those all the same lot? Just curious, was this an estate sale, or auction? Based on the bins, it looks like hundreds of models. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Very cool, between this, and the other pic you shared with all the bins, where those all the same lot? Just curious, was this an estate sale, or auction? Based on the bins, it looks like hundreds of models. 

It’s a local guy, he has an addiction to plastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Arrived this morning from Chris @C1 Models, you just wouldn't guess his bodyshells are actually resin, there no thicker than a regular styrene kit.

20210316_113714.jpg

I have one on the way too.  I like the fact that Chris sends out updates on the status of the project and offers alternative and additional parts.  I purchased an Aoshima MGB kit to base this on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kelson said:

Yesterdays arrivals from HobbyEasy,Ebay and the local Hobbyshop.🤠IMG_2469.thumb.JPG.24e880cc1a221e89a0af192736e34e20.JPG

Don't think I've ever seen that one before. Is it curbside or a full-detail kit? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Don't think I've ever seen that one before. Is it curbside or a full-detail kit? 

it's a full detail kit,i bought it to build a resin fastback kit i bought 8-9 years ago off Ebay.🤠IMG_2271.thumb.JPG.cfbc35fd7a091f1fbc35cc061b1f5251.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I haven't received them, yet, but I did my part to stimulate the economy. Since I got the deposit,  and Saturday is my birthday,  I splurged and bought a couple of things I have wanted,  for a while. First, I picked up a Maverick promo. Second, I won an auction for a looks-to-be cleanly assembled Monogram California Street Vette. I have never owned one, and have always loved the way it looks.  It will likely move to the front of the line,  after I finish the Mack. I'm pretty excited about it! I also picked up ten bottles of MM metalizers. Here are a couple of photos from the CSV auction. Extra happy that it's  not painted--at all!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1601.jpg

s-l1602.jpg

s-l1606.jpg

Edited by Straightliner59
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...