Model Cars Magazine Forum

Since that is Enamel paint, you can use just about any type primer (if it were lacquer paint you would want to use lacquer primer.) I would suggest rattle can primer as that should be easy enough to find and will get the job done. It is possible to lay it down pretty smooth, but I usually wet sand with 1000 grit before paint.

Since that is Enamel paint, you can use just about any type primer (if it were lacquer paint you would want to use lacquer primer.) I would suggest rattle can primer as that should be easy enough to find and will get the job done. It is possible to lay it down pretty smooth, but I usually wet sand with 1000 grit before paint.

Thanks,

My local car garage sells automotive paints and primer so I will grab a can of that, in fact I think I may have a can in my garage already B)

Dave

If you have access to Plastikote primer, particularly T-235 Gray primer, go for it. That's my favorite primer. It sands beautifully. Despite been a spray can, it sprays smoothly and nicely. It is lacquer based so it can be top coated with enamels, acrylics or lacquer. There are other versions like T237 white and T236 black, but they are all basically the same.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,