Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project "Low Expectations" Ford f-250 Super Duty Slammed

Hey everybody. This is my first true project since I've gotten back into building afer about 5 or 6 years from taking a break. I am building a Ford F-250 Super Duty pickup truck that will be fully custom inside and out. I don't have any progress on it yet. I just got it earlier today and just opened it up. I am about to cut the doors open and get started on some of the easier things I can do first. Here are some of my plans for it. I know it is allot, but I want a big challenge. Without the challenge, I would get bored and quit.

Fully custom frame with bags and 4 link.
Convertible Hard-Top roof.
Fully custom interior.
Raised bed floor (Not sure about stock or smooth styrene.)
Body dropped.
Flat black with red accents here and there.
Stock rims (unless I find something better).
Openable "zig-zag" style doors.
Openable reversed hood with 2" cowl.
Not sure on engine yet (don't want to use the supplied I6).
Shaved tail lights.
Tubbed front inner fenders.
Possible custom grille.
License plate relocated to back window in custom frame.
Possible sound system (most likely).
Highly detailed all over.

Feel free to give suggestions/tips and post pics of what you have done.

I gots the popcorn. Can't wait for the show! :D The mere size makes them a beast to body drop. Since you were asking for advice earlier, I can start by telling you that, in body dropping, you will find that the dash and interior are not exactly 100% proportionate to each other. Also you may want to consider fabbing a 100% new interior tub floor. The bench seat looks ridiculous against the ceiling when mounted on the risers.

Edited by Skydime

I gots the popcorn. Can't wait for the show! :D The mere size makes them a beast to body drop. Since you were asking for advice earlier, I can start by telling you that, in body dropping, you will find that the dash and interior are not exactly 100% proportionate to each other. Also you may want to consider fabbing a 100% new interior tub floor. The bench seat looks ridiculous against the ceiling when mounted on the risers.

Thanks. I planned on making a new interior tub anyways.

Good plan! B) Mine was my first styrene body drop so, I did it like an actual 1:1 body drop, filled the spaces with plastic like you would sheet metal and eliminated the risers. So, you might wanna say I figured that out the hard way. :lol:

Edited by Skydime