Model Cars Magazine Forum

COMPLETE: #46 Superflo Lumina

Jay

I was able to sneak this in after my daughter was born on Tuesday...... I actually decaled it while we were in the hospital before my wife went into labor of course!. :rolleyes:

The paint is Rustoleum neon pink and Tamiya white topped with automotive urethane. The decals were from PowerSlide.... the only issue was the bleed through of the door #'s..... I had an extra set, so I just doubled them up! I lowered the car and made some new exhaust pipes from aluminum tube.

Enjoy!!

0001-vi.jpg

0002-vi.jpg

0003-vi.jpg

0004-vi.jpg

0005-vi.jpg

0006-vi.jpg

0007-vi.jpg

Looks spectacular and congrats on your baby girl.

Got any tips on painting for this and the City Chevrolet cars?

Any shots of all five cars together?

I am still completing my DoT collection. I've done the Mello Yello & Hardee's cars in "raced" trim from the movie. I also did the Exxon car, but I am unhappy with my paint work so I'll be redoing that one in the near future. The next one will be the City Chevrolet car. I plan on painting the body neon yellow and then air brushing neon green over top for the fade.

You can see those cars here:

Visit My Website

Jay, congrats on the baby!

Decaling in the hospital... B) Even I havn't done anything like that!

You, sir, are what I like to call a TROOPER! Cath would have my head on a plate if I tried that in the hospital room! LOL! That came out great, bud.....You can't even see the bleedthrough....and the paint is a dead match. Great work! You'll be getting a call from me later tonight..........

Jamie