Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1966 Ford Galaxie 500

Custom Mike

Thanks for the link Dale, the intake shot looks mighty interesting...now to find an intake to use for that setup and see if I can pull that off!

There's a 426 HEMI injector stack manifold in the Competition Resins catalogue that might do. They are equally spaced and set to the outside like in the article. You would need to build the tubes, though.

BTW: That article was proof read for accuracy by Ohio George Montgomery, among others.

Dale

I've got some cable ferrules I can use for the stacks, I just need to polish 'em up. Alyn made his own, I might hit him up and see how he did it....BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH you Alyn, you make me want to scratch build stuff now, you're ruining my kit-bashing skills! :D

Tony, Fred nailed it, this kit has the old metal axles, so that ugly groove is for the axle to run through. But now that I've been playing with the stance, I may have to eliminate that groove, because to get the nose lower, I'm going to have to cut the axle and mount it up higher than the kit will allow. So I may be popping the oil pan loose and fixing that old dog too...

Here's another couple of views of this monster from the pages of the 'Complete Ford Book', published annually by Petersen in the early '70s. These books are an excellent reference for Ford details and historical pics.

PC043484_zps700cd7d0.jpg

Can't find my favorite pic at the moment; a color pic of one of these doing a pull on a Ford dyno with the headers glowing almost white hot...

mike

Edited by mk11