Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Touring Wheels (Long)

tktom24

The pro touring trend is all about taking the wonderful styling and massive motors of the muscle cars and putting newly engineered suspensions that handle like a super car, but look as awesome as only a muscle car can. The large diameter wheels and short sidewalls are all about cornering. Obviously there's a limit, but we're talking about pro-touring, not donks or high-rollers, which is all about looks

Pro-touring is more about handling and cornering. The short sidewalls allow for better cornering and the larger diameter wheels keep the overall outer diameter roughly the same as the smaller diameter wheels with taller sidewalls.

By the way - here's my 69 GTO Pro Tourer:

100_5821.jpg

Edited by Nate

When done right pro touring cars are fine looking and running car. I guess my point of all this is to try to find out where the line is, as far what looks good and what does not. It really would help me out. So keep the opinions coming. Hopefully I will have an update on the Charger tomorrow.

For an engine, as a starting point you might think about thnon stock Hemi that came in some of the AMT 'Prp Street' kits, with a scratchbuilt / kitbashed injection system for 'eye candy' appeal.... (Also, fuel injection is a better choice, and fits the 'Pro Touring' thing....'Z'

• 4 weeks later...