Model Cars Magazine Forum

BMW e30

JasonC

I built this about 4 years ago. As anyone who has built this model before, they know it sucks in the detail department... I added LEDs for the headlights and tail lights. The wheels are from a Dodge Daytona kit, and the front airdam is from a BMW e24 kit along with the pin stripes. I can't remember what kit the rear apron is off of. Maybe the Fujimi Hartge BMW e30. i did a quick search and didn't see many of this kit posted. So i thought i'd toss mine up.

First picture is to show what it looks like in light eventhough it isn't finished in it,

picture_017.jpg

Now for the finished ones. They are about 2 years old though...

modelcars_016.jpg

modelcars_014.jpg

I kind of made the car look like a real e30 that i had

img_0542.jpg

Very nice build, as said the lights are a nice touch. The rear lights are particularly good. I think the tool designers for the kit might have failed to appreciate that these 'boxy' BMWs have practically no straight edges on them anywhere! I've never had an E30 (yours looks nice) but I had 2 E28s and those straight lines are not as straight as they look...

Very nice build, as said the lights are a nice touch. The rear lights are particularly good. I think the tool designers for the kit might have failed to appreciate that these 'boxy' BMWs have practically no straight edges on them anywhere! I've never had an E30 (yours looks nice) but I had 2 E28s and those straight lines are not as straight as they look...

This is true, the car may look like a brick at first, but get looking at it, there are a lot of rounded edges. And funny thing about this kit. The headlights has holes from the factory that the LEDs fit rite in!

• 2 weeks later...

Are those Dutch plates on the 1:1 car, BTW?

I had a Scottish plate on it. Since i put "euro" bumpers on it, it looked odd without a tag up there. And since everyone puts a german plate on theirs, i wanted to do something a little different..

front_veiw_wirrly.jpg

Edited by JasonC