Model Cars Magazine Forum

model truck show

man, its good to have the fourm back online. almost felt like I was cheatin' on MCM surfin' around looking at other sights for my fix! anyway right to the point. any builders around the northeast part of Indiana (fremont), take notice, chrome shop is having their yearly truck show the end of august. I have talked to them and they want truck modelers to display their creations. tried to explain the hobby and they thought I was from mars until I showed them pics and guided the boys to the internet sights. hook line and sinker, their onboard with both feet...........Q tip

Go for it! A local club I was a member of had our scale truckers display our builds at a local chrome shop's show here, and it went very well with the 1:1 drivers. I will give you one tip dealing with the drivers, if you have details like chains on AMT's flatbed holding the kit's coils in place, make sure you chain it right! I had that happen at that display, I didn't have the coils chained right, and my older brother who hauled steel told me the night before and I didn't change the chains, and I heard it from every flatbeder that looked at it! :lol: There are some of us here like me who drive or have driven, so you have the right people to ask.

talked with brian at chrome shop / nation wide truck sales / . he seems pretty excited about having model trucks along side of the 1:1 show trucks. he said he will be getting in contact with phils in fort wayne to display fliers. if you know of anyone or clubs that are interested you can contact them via phone or email from their web site........john