Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Nova

ScrappyJ

• 1 month later...

What's up Scrap!!!!!!!!!!! My name is Al and I am hailing from the old zoo.....(n.y) and I never knew or would have fathomed

that brothers in my age group were in this hobby that heavily. I have been building models for 20 years and I haven't even come close to a completed car.....yet. But as I read your posts on this wickedly hot 66' Boxer I have learned that 1. you cannot learn this hobby solely on your own, 2. You must have a mentor/tutor and 3. Ultimately you must have patience.

Man how do you build so many cars and take your time at the same time. Sometimes when I build I get so exited that I nearly fry the whole body or I over paint the dern thing. As far as scratch building goes I have never tried to even put a hood scoop on from another kit or even make my own parts. But being that you're a brother on the level you are on in this hobby I am going to get on my grind and start taking this more seriously and at least complete a kit. I do not have a digital camera yet but as soon as I do I want to post some of my work so it can be "critiqued" maybe then I'll get better from this point on. And by the way do you have any tutorials on this site? I am also on the SAE site forum as HEIRHEAD1, and TEM as heirtyte, if possible could you drop me a line or two? CUL8TR....YOU ROCK BOSS!!!!!!!!!!, your work is square!!!!!!! :lol:

Dirk,

I registered to this forum mainly because I wanted to express my admiration for your work. The S-10 and Blazer are my favorites, but I can spend hours viewing all of your works of art. Your building style is so creative and clean that it blows my mind that so many details can be applied without looking like a mess. As a golf course superintendent this is so impressive and appreciated. I have been involved in this hobby for thirty years myself, just never able to keep it together long enough to really complete a project. Currently, there are about 50 started projects in my hobby room at various stages. The best thing about it is they are always there for me when I have the time and clear state of mind to get back to it. I always attned the NNL East and was wondering if you plan to attend this year, and if so, would like very much to meet you. Please keep up the wonderful work and thank you!

Is there a machinist in the house!! I'd say so!!

I don't know how I missed this one when it was initially posted, but WOW!! That an amazing display of craftsmanship, workmanship, creativity... I also really like the 55 Cameo you have posted on your Fotki site. I'll have to look around there some more when I get time.