Model Cars Magazine Forum

'88 Turbo Daytona

Modelmikey

I like building more modern/odd-ball cars. This one is the AMT release 1988 Turbo Daytona. I detailed the engine, scratch built turbo piping , and the exhaust is aluminum rod with a glasspack I scrach built. Paint is rattle can Sublime green. I know someone with a Sublime green turbo shadow with a side exit exhaust, so that is where I got the idea. Kit was a good practice because its far from perfect (I suppose like the 1:1 car, lol)

DSC08780.jpg

DSC08779.jpg

DSC08781.jpg

DSC08787.jpg

DSC08558.jpg

I like what i see i have a few of these to build different year and varioations and the older horizon tc 3 i like everything about your build the simplified side exit exhaust is a nice touch!

i wish they would tool some newer more modern stuff besides suburu's like the newer version of this car the srt4 dodge neon that 4 bagger turbo charged,

or ss chevrolet cobalts 2.0 4 cylander supercharged!

or even my lsj saturn ion redline with the same 2.0 litre ecotec eaton supercharged motor! wicked cool cars! not very common "oddballs " as you say

sublime was a very proper mopar color super nice job

Looks good, nice detail for sure. Did they ever make an Omni GLHS kit? I'd build that.

MPC (then Amt) had a few different FWD Mopars, and they had an 'Omni' but it wasn't a GLHS. I have a older Shelby charger kit to build, and a 4 headlight version of this one to build too.

Edited by Modelmikey

I like what i see i have a few of these to build different year and varioations and the older horizon tc 3 i like everything about your build the simplified side exit exhaust is a nice touch!

i wish they would tool some newer more modern stuff besides suburu's like the newer version of this car the srt4 dodge neon that 4 bagger turbo charged,

or ss chevrolet cobalts 2.0 4 cylander supercharged!

or even my lsj saturn ion redline with the same 2.0 litre ecotec eaton supercharged motor! wicked cool cars! not very common "oddballs " as you say

sublime was a very proper mopar color super nice job

I agree ^ odd ball newer cars us or foreign are what 75 percent of my stash is . Great work keep em coming .