Model Cars Magazine Forum

What do YOU think is the best kit of the year ?

I would assume that it meant those kits actually release en masse during 2013. Sometimes older released kits are still sitting on shelves. It would not include those. If you are speaking of the release being scheduled during 2013, but not making true release until 2014, I would not think those would be 2013 releases in reality.

I lose track. I believe most kits were just issued, and am surprised when I discover they've been out 10 years. I am not one to run out to a hobby shop and buy a kit on the first day of sale for some enormous bounty. Heck, I'm not going to dive into building it anyway and I don't get that excited over things in my old age. I'll just look around until I see the kits I want at a club meeting or show, then I'll buy them. I was surprised that one of the kits I recently mentioned as new was indeed a 2012 issue!

No reason to Bash other peoples interest. I don't bash '32 Fords even though I don't care to much for them.

Thats not going to stop them, maybe they should build one before they bash it, just a thought

I want to add, the 86/BRZ twins that were released with the engine, Aoshima's AE86, the Subaru Sambar twins, and the Cedric and Gloria kits as well, all very nice new tooled kits for 2013 , and sure why not the The Ferrari

Rocket_Bunny_by_Pac0daTac01_zps926d2652.

Edited by martinfan5

I say the Revell 57 Ford. It's such a nice kit to build. It's a skill level 3 that a beginner could build. A fantastically engineered kit!

I had really hoped that the 90 Mustang coupe would be my pick, but with the roof being the wrong height.

It may be a great kit of a fantastic car, but in that color it needs a Hello Kitty decal on the door. The Japanese sure look at things differently.

Unfortunately the hot pink car in the picture isn't the car the model was made of, nor even the same manufacturer as the picture is a Nissan, not a Toyota. It's just the one that Greg found (and I suspect the worst one in his eyes he could find at that) to "illustrate" how silly he and others find the name of a set of tuner parts. But then that just makes Jonathan and other's point - I hate the car and I don't even know what it is...

Edited by niteowl7710

It may be a great kit of a fantastic car, but in that color it needs a Hello Kitty decal on the door. The Japanese sure look at things differently.

I think the best way to put is that we all look at things differently. That's a good thing, last thing we want is a dystopian society like the one in George Orwell's 1984 where we all think the same thing.

For example I'm getting a good notion a few people are "Gotta have my 'Murican V8, because I'm a patriot and I love my country. Anything else is a threat to my way of life" I personally like a lot of cars from different countries and hate a lot of cars from different countries, brand names don't sway me that much either. Just because it's a Honda/Ford/Chevy/Chyrysler/Toyota/Nissan/ect. doesn't mean that I dismiss the car without a first glance, I look at it for it's qualities even if it does have a weird name. And to be honest from a business stand point the name isn't that bad, not many people will forget it.

I like em all, as long as they're fast and handle well.

Say what you want about the name "Rocket Bunny" but put your right foot down on a well built example and you'll definately have fun.

I like the Revell Mustang LX regardless of the roof height issue. Heck I've built two already and have plans for three more. I have Danno scaring up some of the Master Caster's bodies so we will see just how they look side by side.

Haven't bought the '57 Ford............................. yet.

G

I think the best way to put is that we all look at things differently. That's a good thing, last thing we want is a dystopian society like the one in George Orwell's 1984 where we all think the same thing.

For example I'm getting a good notion a few people are "Gotta have my 'Murican V8, because I'm a patriot and I love my country. Anything else is a threat to my way of life" I personally like a lot of cars from different countries and hate a lot of cars from different countries, brand names don't sway me that much either. Just because it's a Honda/Ford/Chevy/Chyrysler/Toyota/Nissan/ect. doesn't mean that I dismiss the car without a first glance, I look at it for it's qualities even if it does have a weird name. And to be honest from a business stand point the name isn't that bad, not many people will forget it.

obviously the business stand point is good.... it was the most displayed car at SEMA...

After looking at the new ones I have, I have to say the '49 Mercury Wagon looks the best of the new kits. It has a couple of small warts, but it's a pretty nice looking kit. I think I am going to start building mine this week just for kicks. Still not sure if I am going stock with it, or just giving in and building a surf wagon. I should be able to get sanding and gluing pretty soon.

I'm not against import cars, I've owned several, and own one now. I am saying this kit would have got more respect as a Toyota with TRA speed parts. (as it now has been explained) To me rocket bunny congers up images of a bad Robot Chicken skit.

I have to agree with you.... without knowing the background , "Rocket Bunny" sounds fairly childish; However the 1:1 examples are incredible.... from GM V8 ls2 swaps to 2jz twin turbo, and wearing the Rocket Bunny widebody kit..... fairly serious, lol