Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toledo Nnl Who Built It The Opel ?

Hi everyone! While searching threw the photos of the Toledo NNL I noticed in the background a model of my dear friends FRANK & LINDA MAZI"S blown Opel...I did not see a complete or single picture of the model...does anyone know who built it or does anyone have a photo of the model? I would love to see it and forward it to The Mazi's. Pretty cool build from what I can make out of the car in the photo...Thanks in advance................

Tom, great build! I have forward pictures to the Mazi's....I would love to know more about your model and how you chose that paticular car. I've been friends with the Mazi family for over 30 years and have an Opel started that some day when I find the time will finish it. Again...love the subject...If you have more photos of the Opel or other drag cars, I'd love to see them....check out my site at www.dansignman.com Great job....did you win any contests with it? Signman 22

Tom, great build! I have forward pictures to the Mazi's....I would love to know more about your model and how you chose that paticular car. I've been friends with the Mazi family for over 30 years and have an Opel started that some day when I find the time will finish it. Again...love the subject...If you have more photos of the Opel or other drag cars, I'd love to see them....check out my site at www.dansignman.com Great job....did you win any contests with it? Signman 22

Dan, thanks for the comments. I have grown up here in Norteast Ohio and spent every weekend and alot of Wed. nights at Thompson. I really like the door slammers and Frank's cars where always fast and nice looking cars. I liked the Opal the best and thought I would give it a shot. I am not a great builder, so the stripes got a little tough, but I am happy with the result.

Nice site you have there, great cars and models too.

Tom

Thanks Tom...actually I went to Thompson abunch even being from the Buffalo, NY area. Frank's first Opel "God of Hell Fire" was bought from Jimmy Oddy. I met Frank and Linda in 1975 at Lancaster Dragway....They would travel up from Eastlake in their White Chevy ramp truck (with a stick in it) single cab with the Opel straped on the back for Friday night racing. They have been Dear friends ever since. Dawn, their oldest girl did my website. Frank still lives in Eastlake and is retired but is in the garage every day working on something...he flipped over the model...if you're close to there I'm sure he'sd love to meet you and see the model. Linda (now lives in Las Vegas) and had forward the photos of the Opel to Phil Burgess at National Dragster. He flipped out too!...if you remember, he drove that car and got his Comp license in it. Phil then e-mailed me looking for more info on you and the model...he'd like to include it in one of his stories. If you would like to contact me through my website I'd be more than glad to hook you up with them.....Hope you're intersted....It would be a great story I'm sure and give modeling a little more spotlite....Any other drag cars that you have built? My website will be updated soon so look for the model car page as we are adding some oldies and some new builds...hope to hear from you.....Thanks again....Dan