Model Cars Magazine Forum

Yet Another Dodge L-700 In Progress

Hi all,

I'm making a custom L-700 to haul my hemi 'cuda models. I just got the rolling chassis put together and so far all has gone smooth to this point except for some small issues with the front suspension. I will do that part differently next time.

Here are the photos up to this point:

L700hotrod001-vi.jpg

L700hotrod003-vi.jpg

L700hotrod005-vi.jpg

L700hotrod006-vi.jpg

L700hotrod007-vi.jpg

L700hotrod008-vi.jpg

L700hotrod009-vi.jpg

L700hotrod010-vi.jpg

Let me know what you think,

Jefbo

Edited by Jefbo

Thanks,

You wrote:

Great start. Are you going to modify the power plant in any way?

YES! It's a Hot Rod, but I'm not sure how yet. I'm so unfamiliar with this truck, (and trucks in general) and have had such a hard time finding good reference materials that I can't help but modify it. That being said, I have six Hemi 'cuda kits most on the bench still, and I wanted to have a rig and car carrier to display them together. So I will come up with a logo for some phantom speed shop, and slap some custom paint on, and yes, some speed accessories for the engine.

I need to build the cab and engine area up a little more so can see how much extra room I have to work with. I did build the kit engine up so far... but that doesn't mean I have to use it. :lol: Most likely will use it for mock up purposes.

L700hotrod011-vi.jpg

L700hotrod013-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jefbo

Here are some more photos of the build. I'm still looking for info on this motor so I can wire and run water lines etc...

L700hotrod017-vi.jpg

L700hotrod016-vi.jpg

L700hotrod015-vi.jpg

L700hotrod019-vi.jpg

L700hotrod021-vi.jpg

This is roughly what the paint will look like.

L700Sketch002-vi.jpg

And this is what I'm building the tractor for. A five-car automobile Trailer and five Hemi 'cudas (three still on the bench)

CudaSchool001-vi.jpg

All advice and comments are welcome.

Thanks for looking,

Jefbo

Hey Mark,

You wrote

Looking good. As for reference pics all I have for the motor on the L-700 is this from a flyer:

Here is an idea for your motor if it isn't to late. I took these pictures at the Monster Mopar Weekend a couple of years ago.

Thanks, They're a big help. So far that's the only reference to that motor I have. As far as my builds go, it's never to late.

Jefbo