Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where do you build?

Where do you build your models? The kitchen table? A desk in the bedroom? Do you have a hobby room of building? I live in a small 2 bed apartment. So I'm going to try to build at the kitchen table. Of corse this means that I'll have to clean it off after every build session but it's what I have to work with. How about you?

I have an 8' bench in the basement, yet I haven't spent any time down there in months. I have a few projects in front of me while I'm watching TV or on the comp. Not really doing much with them though, not a whole lot of motivation. :(

A two car garage that is heated & has an air conditioner. I'm spraying through a 4ft x 4ft x 3ft passche booth with an explosion proof fan...that is 12inch diameter! Still paying for that sucker! (Not really) Don't have a basement so I snagged the.garage!

I' m fortunate to have a useless, tiny 3rd "bedroom" that's 10' X 10' and holds me, my bench, spray booth, and my tool chest nicely along with a nice comfy swivel office chair. Buts that's it..... the Burrito is stuffed at that point. My poor dog can't even squeeze in to visit. But a good, small stereo makes for an awesome sound in that mouse hole.

The basement stores the un-builts.

I got real tired of having to clean up my stuff at the dining room table every day for meals and when we had friends and family visit, so last year I "reinhabited" my basement model area and now I work at a rolltop desk. I have lots of lighting and everything is pretty much at arms reach. An electric heater helps take the chill off and a small radio gives me some tunes. I don't have to move anything anywhere anymore..

Yep, I'm like Rich I have my stuff set up in the basement, my workbench is an old metal Library table that's 6 ft long and 31/2 ft wide so I can leave what I'm working on spread out , I have my paint booth down there also and my basement is heated with natural gas so no problem with cold or wet I can pretty much paint all year round, when I get done working I just cut the lights off and when I go back it's just like I left it!! :)

I have one of the rooms in my house that is set up as a hobby room with a workbench in there but it seems that I have been building at my kitchen table more the past few years due to having the tv in my family room that I will watch while building. I probably would get more accomplished if I did my work in the hobby room :D... There would be less distractions for sure...lol