Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Fiesta RS WRC

Volvoman

Hello guys, firstly I would just like to say a very big thank you for all of your thoughts and comments, they really do mean a lot to me.

As I was saying, this is the first Belkits model that I have put together and as some of you seem interested in having a go at one, I thought that I would point out a few things that you may find of interest when building yours. As far as I am aware, the 4 Belkit rally cars are, Skoda Fabia WRC, Peugeot 207 WRC, Ford Fiesta RS 2000 and Ford Fiesta RS WRC but there maybe others so check them out.

1. The mould quality is very good and as good as all the other mainstream kit manufacturers but the plastic feels quite thick and mine had a slightly waxy feel to it so a good clean in soapy water is a must before painting

2. The instructions can be a bit vague in places and its probably best to study them properly. There were parts for the Fiesta 2000 which were not needed on the WRC version but the instructions do not tell you this at the time. I spent one night looking for parts for the chassis plate which I later realised I did not need so it may be best to check exactly what parts you do need before building, I know I will be doing that if I ever build another one of their kits.

3. The decals are of excellent quality but be warned, they are pretty much the sort of 'once they are on, they will stay on' so for precise location, plenty of water and micro sol will be needed so that they can be positioned properly.

4. As for decal location, you pretty much have to rely on the box photos as you do not get a decal placement diagram in the instructions as you do with pretty much everyone else, some placement of the decals can be a bit of guess work so it maybe a good idea to get other reference material unless you know for definite where the decals go.

I hope these few pointers are of help to those who maybe thinking of buying a Belkits car and that it doesn't put you off and once again guys, a big thanks for all your kind comments.