Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1970 Chevelle SS

Tinky

Hello,

I just finished this model car. Took about a month total, which is the longest I have ever taken to build a model (usually takes me a week to do :blink: ).

The kit is an AMT 1970 Chevelle SS (Jack Reacher Issue). I used colors from Testor's Special Value Acrylic Paint set. It has the LS6 motor in it. Had a lot of trouble putting on the front bumper, needed to shave headlight openings like instructions suggested but did not go all way due to fear of breaking it. Hood doesn't not fit on properly because I cut it into thirds and glued it back to make hole so the engine could be seen.

Scratch-built Modifications include: custom roll cage, side exit exhausts, side view mirrors (kit does not come with any :angry: ), windshield decal, and rear spoiler.

I had a lot of fun building it, learned a lot. On a scale of "shelf of doom" to "completely awesome" I rate it an overall "meh". Could be much better but I'm really happy with they way it turned out.

Thanks for reading!

Beep Beep! Here comes the pictures...

1970ChevroletChevelleSS_zpsd013b0eb.jpgChevelleS2_zpsfa81bb23.jpg

Non-staged photos:

Chevelle09_zps2dfb812a.jpgChevelle08_zps5fcc2b35.jpgChevelle06_zps05384ba6.jpgChevelle07_zps4ed0ae98.jpg

wait there's more...

Chevelle05_zpsf04ba371.jpgChevelle04_zps63d30719.jpgChevelle03_zps79c71e17.jpgChevelle02_zps3548dd75.jpgChevelle01_zps71c78e3b.jpg

Complimentary box art that comes with purchase:

90a05e7b-a5fa-4a4a-abd1-568fc313b431_zps

Next project will be a scratch built trailer to hold this beauty.

I would like to thank in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Until next time...

Thanks!